Kathie M. Thomas is a veteran of the Virtual Assistant industry, having founded her business in 1994 and the first VA network in Australia in 1996. As well as being a Virtual Assistant and VA Coach & Trainer, Kathie is also an author, blogger, speaker and more recently, a photographer.
Kathie’s books include “The Home-Grown Secretary”, “How To Become A Virtual Assistant” and “Worth More Than Rubies: The Value of a Work at Home Mum”.
She has a passion for women working at home and being there for their families, and having brought up five daughters during the life of her business, is in an ideal position to be a role model and mentor for those who have a similar vision for their family life.
Kathie’s passion for her business and for the Virtual Assistant industry has brought her many awards in the lifetime of her business.
These are just some of her achievements:
- ‘Secretary of the Year’ in 1993 prior to starting her business
- Australian Achievers Award in 1999.
- Ambassador of the Year for MBN (plus 2 other awards that same year) 2003,
- Highly Recommended for Australian Achievers Award 2001,
- Business of the Month with Action International,
- Nominee for the Thomas Leonard Award in 2006,
- Highly Recommended with MCEI Marketing Awards in 2007,
- 2 nominations for “Australian of the Year” for 2008 and 2009.
- Kathie is also listed in Who’s Who of Australian Women 2009.
Kathie believes it is important to give back to community and has been a committed volunteer over the years of her business:
- Committee member with the Australian Institute of Office Professionals (AIOP) for 10 years
- Victorian President of AIOP
- Various Leadership roles in three chapters of BNI for 5 years
- Executive Director with BNI in Melbourne
- Founding committee member for the Online International Virtual Assistants Convention (OIVAC)
- Secretary, Cheltenham Chamber of Commerce
- Moderator of two Virtual Assistant forums totalling over 2,000 members.
Do you feel that Kathie could help guide and mentor you in your Virtual Assistant practice? If so, perhaps it’s time to sign up for membership with the VA Coaching Club!